During the design and development of our learning experiences, we found the following to be really useful and insightful:
Books and Guides
- Beck, John C. and Wade, Mitchell, Got Game, Harvard Business School Press 2004.
- Bennis, Warren G. and Thomas, Robert J., Geeks and Geezers How Era, Values, and Defining Moments Shape Leaders, Harvard Business School Press 2002.
- Chester, Eric, Employing Generation Why? Understanding, Managing and Motivating Your New Workforce, Tucker House Books, 2002.
- Goldberg, Beverly, Age Works: What Corporate America Must Do to Survive the Graying of the Workforce, The Free Press 2000.
- Howe, Neil and Strauss, William, Millennials Rising, Random House, Inc. 2000.
- Lancaster, Lynne C. and Stillman, David, When Generations Collide, Harper Business 2002.
- McLees, David, Johnson, Michael Wesley & Skene, Gordon, Great Moments of The 20th Century, WorldBeat, 2000.
- Marson, Cam, Motivating the “What’s In It For Me?” Workforce, Manage Across the Generational Divide and Increase Profits, John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- Smith, J. Walker, Clurman, Ann, Rocking the Ages, Harper Collins, 1997.
- Strauss, William and Howe, Neil, Generations: The History of America’s Future, 1584 to 2069, William Morrow and Company, 1991.
- Strauss, William and Howe, Neil, Millennials & The Pop Culture, Strategies for a New Generation of Consumers, Life Course Publishing, 2006.
- Tapscott, Don, Growing Up Digital, McGraw-Hill 1998.
- Tulgan, Bruce, Managing Generation X, How to Bring Out the Best in Young Talent, W.W. Norton & Company 2000.
- Wolfe, David B. and Snyder Robert E., Ageless Marketing, Dearborn Trade Publishing 2003.
- Zemke, Ron, Raines, Claire, Filipczak, Bob, Generations At Work — Managing the Clash of Veterans, Boomers, Xers, and Nexters in Your Workplace, AMACOM, 2000.
Books and Guides
- Managers as Mentors, Building Partnerships for Learning by Chip R. Bell, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 1996.
- ASTD Info-Line, Mentoring How To’s by Beverly Kaye and Devon Scheef, American Society for Training & Development.
- 50 Activities for Coaching/Mentoring by Donna Berry, Charles Cadwell, Joe Fehrmann, Human Resource Development Press, 1993.
- Mentoring – The Tao of Giving and Receiving Wisdom by Chungliang Al Huang and Jerry Lynch, Harper, 1995.
- The New Managerial Mentor by Patricia J. Fritts, Davies-Black Publishing, 1998.
- Mentworking™ – Building Relationships for the 21st Century. Available from Beverly Bernstein, 310-474-0959. A stand-alone training notebook or available in classes.
Leadership & Managing
Books and Guides
- Developing Global Executives by Morgan McCall, George Hollenbeck
- Emotional Intelligence: Why it can matter more than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- High Flyers: Developing the Next Generation of Leaders by Morgan McCall
- Management Challenges for the 21st Century by Peter Drucker
- Managers as Mentors: Building Partnerships for Learning by Chip Bell
- Managing People is Like Herding Cats by Warren Bennis
- Managing the Dream: Reflections on Leadership and Change by Warren Bennis
- The New Deal at Work: Managing the Market-Driven Workforce by Peter Capelli
- On Becoming a Leader: The Leadership Classic – Updated and Expanded by Warren Bennis
- Encourage Your Heart: A Leader’s Guide to Rewarding and Recognizing Others by James Kouzes and Barry Posner
- Leadership From the Inside Out by Kevin Cashman
- Primal Leadership: Realizing the Power of Emotional Intelligence by Daniel Goleman
- The Leadership Engine: How Winning Companies Build Leaders at Every Level by Noel M. Tichy
- Leadership and the New Science: Learning about Organization from an Orderly Universe by Margaret J. Wheatley
- In Your Hands: The Behaviors of a World Class Leader by Phil Geldart
- Love It Don’t Leave It: 26 Ways to Get What You Want at Work by Beverly Kaye & Sharon Jordan-Evans
- Love ‘Em or Lose ‘Em: Getting Good People to Stay: 26 Engagement Strategies That Work by Beverly Kaye & Sharon Jordan-Evans